The green badge
The green badge next to the contact's name confirms that this is an authentic and notable business account.
There are two types of business accounts in WhatsApp:
- 1.Regular Business account. It is assigned automatically when you use the WhatsApp Business API.
- 2.Officially verified business account. It is assigned only at the decision of Facebook employees and, according to WhatsApp requirements, only to known brands.
Contacts are displayed differently in a regular business account and in an officially verified account. The Officially Validated account has a green badge. The name is displayed, not the phone number. There are no "block" or "complain" buttons.
To request confirmation of your official business account, use the instructions below.
- 1.Open the Direct Support section from your Business Manager.
- 2.Click Ask a question in the upper right corner.
- 3.Select WABiz: Request Official Business Account Status and provide the required information.
- 4.If you do not have Two-Step Verification set up for the phone number you want to verify, activate it using the instructions in the Two-Step Verification article.
You will be able to check the status of the request in the direct support section of Business Manager.
For accounts managed by business solution providers, there is an option to initiate the process through that provider (does not affect the outcome).
If you are denied on your first attempt, you can only submit a second request after 3 months.
Note: WhatsApp business verification is currently limited to a small number of businesses participating in a pilot program.